Why use bokashi composting?
- Convenience! You only need to take your food waste to the garden once every three to four weeks
- Increased soil fertility
- Breaks down much faster than traditional composting systems
- Cost saving – no need to pay for plant food or fertiliser for your garden
- No smells, flies or vermin
- You can add meat, fish and citrus
- Less greenhouse gas emissions than regular composting
- It’s safe! Bokashi utilises natural micro-organisms to enhance our environmental health
Putting it to the test!
Terry Allen, from Gawler, experimented to see what effect Bokashi compost would have on his garden. He tested it on two eggplants and two pumpkin patches. Each plant received the same amount of water and sunshine. The results were spectacular!